Do you love to be outside exploring? Do you stop to smell the roses? Did you have pockets full of rocks or worms as a kid? Do you love getting your hands dirty? We may have a job for you!
NEAT is looking for creative, flexible, adventurous people to make this summer the best one ever for our Wildlings.
If you like working with kids, the smell of the forest, and wake up everyday looking for adventure, please keep reading!
(9 positions available)
Camp Wildlings Leaders are based in Fort St John, BC and will report jointly to the Head Camp Leader
and the Education Coordinator. Camp Wildlings Leaders will:
– Support the Head Camp Leader in designing, executing, and evaluating nature based summer
programming including daily schedules and activity plans;
– Work proactively in a team environment to create the best possible camper outcomes
– Set a positive example for all participants and staff
– Gather materials for all activities
– Perform risk assessments daily, weekly, and as necessary to keep all participants and
– Ensure any applicable covid-19 precautions are being adhered to throughout the camp season;
– Liaise with campers and their caregivers to ensure the best possible camp experience;
– Provide first aid and respond to emergency situations (weather, animal encounters, etc.)
as necessary and completing all mandatory reports
This position may require a varied workweek schedule to accommodate special events and
– Sensitivity to and knowledge of environmental issues
– Excellent communication and public speaking skills
– Proficiency with drama, arts, and nature inspiration
– Proven ability to lead groups of children and communicate with tact and discretion in
settling requests, complaints, or clarifying information
– Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
– Ability to work unsupervised and demonstrate motivation and initiative
– Ability to work varied hours (mornings, evenings, and weekends)
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet usage
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
All summer positions are funded to promote employment opportunities for youth. The position
and duration of it are based on funding approval. To be eligible for the program, job applicants
should meet the following criteria:
– Is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
– Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has
been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
– Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and
– Valid BC Driver’s License and regular access to a vehicle is appreciated
– Meets requirements for working with children
– Subject to security review
Term of Position
– This is a temporary full-time position. Hours of the position will vary according to the
activities being undertaken, averaging 35-40 hours per week
– Compensation starts at $15.75 and is based on experience
This position starts with a qualified candidate and will run through August 27, 2022.
This is a summer/seasonal position funded by the Government of Canada.
APPLY by emailing Susan@Neat.ca
Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.