Internal/External Job Posting
January 20, 2022
Position: Rehabilitation Assistant, Term Position Maternity Leave March 7, 2022 – March 7th 2023 or September 11, 2023, dependent on return of incumbent.
Summary of Duties: See attached Job Description
Required Qualifications: See attached Job Description
Classification / Salary: Grid 28 as per HSA community Sub Sector $24.57-26.62
Hours of Work: 37.5 hrs per week Monday - Friday
Closing Date: February 14th, 2022
Applicants must submit a letter of interest
By closing date indicated above to:
Tana Millner, Executive Director
Fort St John, BC V1J 2M8
Phone 250 -785-3200
Cc: Susan Cross (HSA Steward)
CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTRE
OF FORT ST. JOHN AND DISTRICT
JOB TITLE: Rehabilitation Assistant
JOB SUMMARY: With supervision and guidance the Rehabilitation Assistant implements established activities for children from birth to six years of age with developmental/motor/speech disabilities to meet their activation, life skills, recreational and social needs. Provides input into the development of activities and adapts and modifies established activities as required. The assistant performs other duties contributing to the effectiveness of the department(s) including scheduling and documentation.
CLASSIFICATION / PAY LEVEL: HSA Community Subsector Agreement Classification: Grid Level – 28
SUPERVISOR: Speech Language Pathologist
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must be self-directed, motivated, and able to work independently and in cooperation with others
• Communicates effectively, in English, both verbally and in writing
• Knowledge of word processing, database entry, email, and internet
• Physical ability to perform duties of the position.
• Diploma in Rehabilitation Assistant/Speech Language Program Assistant or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Valid Covid 19 vaccination.
1. Implements goals and strategies identified by the OT/PT/SLP for each child such as language, mobility, coordination and strengthening exercises through a variety of recreational and social activities such as games, coloring activities, fine and gross motor exercises to assist in the achievement of child-specific goals.
2. Adapts and modifies established activities / strategies to meet the needs of the children as required. Participates in the development of activities and strategies by providing input / feedback to the OT/PT/SLP.
3. Observes children and their environment while implementing activities and strategies. Ensures environment is safe for children. Reports behavioral, physical and / or cognitive changes to the Therapists or as required. Provides feedback regarding activities/strategies used and reports on goals achieved to the OT/PT/SLP verbally and through documentation in client file, as per Centre and program guidelines.
4. Assist in manufacturing of splint/casts and ordering /replacing supplies.
5. Responsible for loan cupboards including maintenance of an inventory of equipment, toys and materials. Ensure that all equipment / material available for loan is maintained in clean, good working condition and that all required forms are completed, as per Centre policy, prior to loaning out equipment
6. Responsible for the maintenance/operation of the pool including daily chlorine / chemical checks, addition of chemicals as required, monitoring of pool temperature and reporting anything unusual directly to the Physiotherapist. Also responsible for scheduling use of the pool by any Centre staff.
7. Sets up furnishings and equipment for sessions. Operate equipment such as video cameras, during therapy or educational sessions.
8. Communicates relevant client information directly to the therapists and documents sessions with children.
9. Performs administrative support duties that assist therapists and relate to the effective operation of the department; including booking/canceling appointments, photocopying, laminating materials, and other support work.
10. Performs cleaning duties such as cleaning toys, therapy equipment, therapy rooms, laundry, etc.
11. Submits time sheets, mileage/expense records, leave requests, statistical data, and other records as required to supervisor.
12. Attends staff meetings and participates in relevant committees at the CDC as required.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
The FSJ Basketball Group invites all adult players to the drop-in sessions occurring every Wednesday and Sunday night at the North Peace Secondary School from 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
To comply with provincial health orders and the school district policies, all players will be required to be double vaccinated (with proof).
Drop-in cost is $2 per person, which goes to paying for basketballs, pumps, first aid and other league amenities.
Come ready to play, both gyms have been in use, lets go!
The FSJ Men's Basketball League will be hosting drop-in play every Wednesday and Sunday from 7:30-9:30pm at the North Peace Secondary School.
Please note the following:
1) Must have verification of a BC-approved COVID-19 vaccine. We WILL be checking at the start of every night to be compliant with the provincial rules and school's user requirements.
2) Drop-in fee is $2 per person per drop-in. These funds will be used to buy new basketballs and keep the first aid kit up to date.
3) Do NOT come before 7:30pm as you will not be allowed into the school until our designated time to play.
4) Be ready to help clean at the end of the night.
See you there!