Ministry of Finance
There are currently 2 permanent vacancies; only one vacancy per location.
These positions may locate in the Terrace, Williams Lake, Smithers, Fort St. John, Kamloops, Prince George or Dawson Creek offices.
- annually plus Temporary Market Adjustment (plus Bi-weekly Isolation Allowance for Smithers)
It’s your time to Achieve, Excel and Succeed
The Consumer Taxation Audit Branch carries out audit and compliance activities, including refund verifications and inspections, for the province’s consumption tax system which generates approximately six billion dollars in annual revenue to support programs for education, health care, social service and other public service needs of British Columbians. We also perform audit compliance and education activities on consumption taxes for a variety of other organizations including Tourism the Cowichan (Aboriginal) Band, various municipalities, and for 48 individual states and nine provinces under the International Fuel Tax Agreement and the International Registration Plan.
As a Tax Auditor, you’ll be working as part of a team of professional staff helping to organize and carry out specialized tax audits on businesses across a varied field of industries. You will be ensuring compliance with the Province’s consumption taxation statutes, including Provincial Sales Tax Act, Motor Fuel Tax Act, Tobacco Tax Act, and Carbon Tax Act. You will also be responsible for establishing tax liability, proposing audit assessments, and finalizing agreement with the taxpayer of proposed assessments.
In the role you will have the opportunity to utilize your analytical research skills to gather and interpret information, apply legislation, and establish evidence to support audit assessments. Your professional communication and negotiation skills will be an asset to help finalize proposed assessments and resolve contentious issues. Your representation of the Ministry as an Auditor will be an integral part of the organization.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive, and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Professional accounting designation CPA - CA, CGA, CMA, issued by a Canadian Accounting Association.
• Note: If your designation was obtained from outside of Canada, you will need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through an applicable Canadian Accounting Association.
• Minimum of 2 years audit and/or accounting experience.
• Preference may be given to applicants with audit experience in a consumption taxes environment.
• Possession of a valid Class 5 BC driver’s license or equivalent.
For more information and to apply online by October 13, 2021, please go to: