• 3+ years environmental experience and oilfield experience.
• Post secondary education in earth or environmental sciences or working towards a diploma or professional designation.
• Valid general oilfield safety tickets (1st Aid, H2S, Ground Disturbance).
HESL has been in Fort St John since 1998, and started providing environmental consulting services primarily to upstream oil & gas industry. In the last 10 years we have diversified our services to include the transportation, mining, forestry and civil commercial/industrial sectors. Highmark Environmental Services Ltd (HESL) is looking to fill the full-time position of Environmental Supervisor. The role is geared towards individuals with the appreciation of hard work; a strong desire for professional growth; and a willingness to learn new things to develop their career.
HESL is providing a unique opportunity for an individual, with oilfield experience, who is looking to further develop their career in environmental sciences and start in a supervisory role. The role will primarily be 70% field work and 30% office work.
Initial Position Overview
• Be able to fulfill a supervisory role by being able to work independently or as a member of a team and make critical decisions under challenging timelines.
• Be comfortable and confident in speaking with and answering clients questions in the field for multimillion dollar projects.
• Be familiar and have experience with:
o Environmental drilling programs, including; drilling, soil/water sampling, taking detailed notes and compiling all data into software programs such as Excel, Word, etc.
o Ecological assessments (stream/wetland, wildlife surveys, bird and amphibian sweeps).
o Stage 1 and 2 contaminated site investigations.
o Soil and groundwater assessments.
o Spill response.
o Surface casing vent testing and gas migration tests.
o Contained surface water discharges.
o Electromagnetic Surveys.
o Reclamation assessments.
• Be willing and able to work in remote locations under extreme conditions (+40oc to -40oc) and from mountains to muskeg.
• Supervise and mentor junior individuals.
• Be comfortable and certified in operating ATV/UTV/Snowmobiles. (Training/certification information available if required)